- Work with new admissions, assessing their conditions and needs in order to develop personalized care plans.
- Manage patient care effectively through collaboration with the multidisciplinary team to develop a plan of care that would minimize medically unnecessary hospital admissions, re-admissions, emergency room and urgent care visits, ancillary care, and discharge planning.
- Regularly evaluate these plans of care and update them on an as-needed basis.
- Educate patients and their families on how to follow their care plans.
- Provide nursing care to their patients.
- Experience in program planning, implementation, and evaluation, and in conducting individual, group, and community assessments.
- Current unencumbered Registered Nurse license in U.S. state or territory.
- Current BLS certification.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in an acute care setting.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in managed care and/or medical management.
- Preferred: National Certification in Case Management as accepted by the URAC Case Management Standards.
- Read, speak, and understand English fluently.