- Respond to 911 calls for emergency medical assistance, ranging from bandaging a wound to life-saving cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR).
- Do an on the spot assessment of the patient’s condition and determine a proper course of treatment.
- Use backboards and restraints to immobilize patients and secure them in the ambulance for transport.
- Help transfer patients to the emergency department of a healthcare facility and report their observations and first aid treatment to the taking-over hospital staff.
- Create a patient care report, documenting the medical care given to the patient at the scene and en-route to the hospital.
- Replace used supplies and check or clean equipment after use.
- 1+ year of experience within a busy EMT system
- Georgia Certified EMT-B or AEMT
- Georgia Driver’s License
- Be able to read, write, understand, and fluently speak English.