- Assess each call situation to determine best course of action and appropriate protocol.
- Use medical equipment and procedures including defibrillator, EKG monitor, oxygen and suction devices, intravenous fluids, CPR and other procedures and medications as required to provide advanced medical care.
- Develop and use triage skills to provide optimal efficiency during calls.
- Provide patient care according to clinical protocols and safety requirements.
- Lift and move patients as required to provide optimum care.
- Communicate with receiving facility to receive medical direction and to provide critical information.
- 1+ year of experience within a busy EMT system
- Texas Certified EMT-P
- Texas Driver’s License
- Be able to read, write, understand, and fluently speak English